Contributing to MPICH
For a person or company who wishes to submit a change to MPICH, you must first submit a signed contributors' agreement. http://www.mpich.org/documentation/contributor-docs/
Primers on MPICH contributions
Submit a Pull Request
The official MPICH git repository is located at https://github.com/pmodels/mpich. Changes should be submitted in the form of a "pull request". More info on pull requests can be found here: https://help.github.com/categories/collaborating-with-issues-and-pull-requests/. Some of the more relevant sections for outside collaborators are:
- Working with forks
- Proposing changes to your work with pull requests
Tips for creating a pull request
- Describe your changes, both in the pull request description and in each individual commit message.
- Describe the underlying issue, whether it be a bug or a new feature.
- Describe the user-visible impact it will have.
- Separate your changes so that there is one logical change per patch.
- Each patch should stand on its own merits. If a patch depends on a previous one, it is helpful to note that in the commit message.
- Each patch in a series should be able to compile and run. This way bugs can be traced down using
git bisectin the future.
- How to Write a Git Commit Message